We are looking for an On-Set Technician for our Virtual Production office based in Los Angeles
Permanent, full time – 40 hours/week
Salary – $60.000 – 70.000, depending on experience, aptitude and customer satisfaction
Additional payment for shooting days depending on the project
When it comes to virtual production (VP) solutions, robotic camera technology and camera tracking products for film, broadcast and XR, Mo-Sys is the ‘go-to’ source for high-end filmmakers and broadcasters all over the world.
We manufacture and supply virtual production solutions, robotic camera systems and camera tracking technology for a client list that includes Netflix, NewsCorp, MTV, ABC, The Weather Channel, ESPN, Sky, Red Bull, HBO, and Sony Pictures to name just a few.
We have contributed to the production of many box office blockbusters and award-winning films and TV series, including ‘The Life of Pi’, ‘Gravity’, ‘The Shape of Water’ and ‘Stranger Things’.
We are now looking for the right individual to help us expand our LA virtual production capabilities and address the growing demand for Mo-Sys products and services in North America.
ABOUT THE ROLE
This is an exciting role providing on-set camera tracking and lens profiling capabilities to film and TV virtual productions for on-set previz and on-set finishing, using both blue/green screen studios and the latest LED volume XR studios.
We are looking for a technically competent, customer-centric problem solver, who is able to work diligently and independently. The role will suit someone who enjoys travelling and who is eager to deliver world class VP solutions to high-end clients.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Set up, integration and operation of our VP/XR solutions on-set
- Servicing and maintaining our VP equipment
- Client support and lens calibration
- Setting up and conducting product demonstrations.
- You are technically proficient, whether you have gained a relevant qualification, have industry experience, or simply love finding solutions to your own technical endeavours.
- You have relentless energy, enjoy working at a fast pace, and have a passion for delivering high-quality customer service.
- You are willing to learn new software for VP such as Unreal Engine (UE4) from Epic Games
- Importantly, you are an avid problem solver, who thrives under pressure.
- Technically you know your way around a computer, and are familiar with both electronics and networking (e.g. TCP / IP).
- You are flexible and willing to work outside normal office hours as necessary to support clients in different time zones.
- Knowing your way around a Linux operating system and Unreal Engine would be an advantage.
- Experience of live productions or a film/TV set environment, in a technical or support capacity.
- A valid work permit if applicable.
- A valid passport.
Do you have the drive, commitment, and a passion to help film/TV virtual production customers? Then we’d love to hear from you.
Training will be provided.
Please click on the button below to apply:
Join our team
When it comes to robotic camera technology and camera tracking products, we are one of the leader manufacturers that filmmakers and broadcasters choose. With over 20 years’ experience in these fields we have contributed to the production of numerous broadcasters such as the BBC, FOX and ESPN as well as academy award-winning productions such as The Life of Pi, Gravity, Shape of Water and Stranger Things.