The new Mo-Sys NearTime® service solves one of the key challenges of LED in-camera VFX (ICVFX) production – increasing real-time Unreal image quality versus maintaining real-time frame rates.
Watch Mo-Sys Technical Director James Uren demonstrate the workflow in the video above.
- Higher quality real-time VFX shots – increased real-time VFX quality and/or resolution, reviewable onset, for minimal additional cost and time
- Ready within ICVFX delivery window – deliver higher quality real-time VFX shots in the same real-time VFX delivery window
- Fully automated workflow – no operator intervention, no post-production required
- Uses lower cost LED volumes – no need for fine pixel pitch LED tiles – the LED volume is now just for scene lighting on the talent
- Max scene lighting/Minimal green spill – ‘Smart green’ gives just enough green behind talent to separate them, enabling the maximum amount of the LED volume to be used for creating scene lighting on the talent
- No LED colour gamut issues – re-rendered Unreal scenes are not displayed in the LED volume
- No Moiré patterning – re-rendered Unreal scenes are not displayed in the LED volume, and are not captured by the camera
- Any VP screen technology – can be used on VP productions shooting in green, blue, or LED volumes
How does it work?
- Mo-Sys – VP Pro XR/StarTracker provides onset real-time VFX composite preview
- Qtake/Ovide – captures each camera take of talent shot against LED volume, with minimal green surround, and creates an alpha of the talent
- Mo-Sys – NearTime sends camera tracking and lens data to the cloud where the Unreal background plates are re-rendered with increased quality and/or resolution
- Moxion – NearTime Unreal re-renders land back in Moxion, and are composited together using the alpha, with the resultant composite made available for review
- General – stable domestic level internet connection, or better
- Mo-Sys – StarTracker, VP Pro XR LED content server, or VP Pro virtual studio software
- Moxion – a Moxion account plus web browser or iOS device
- QTake/Ovide – QTake Pro HDx4 v2.0, QTake server v2.2.2; Smart Assist Evo4
Want to know more? Get in touch with us >